* SUMMER PICNIC: The Lincoln Pond Association Annual Picnic is scheduled for Saturday, August 20th at the DEC Campsite starting at 11:30 a.m. Please let us know if you plan on attending so we can order sufficient food for all. We will provide meats (as well as vegie burgers), buns, and beverages. We are asking attendees to bring along a side dish -- desserts, salads, and so on. Call (518) 942-5933 to let us know that you are coming (and how many folks you are bringing along) -- or email our Secretary, Debbie Maxwell, at: email@example.com.
Feel free to bring along family and friends; this is a wonderful opportunity for us to get to know each other better, to share news about events around the Pond, and to welcome new members. We look forward to seeing all of you there!!
* ANNUAL MEETING: The 2016 annual meeting was held on Sunday, July 10th. Minutes of that meeting will soon follow.
For minutes of last year's meeting (held July 11, 2015), click here: LPA 2015 ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING MINUTES
* ROAD CLEAN-UP DAY: This summer's road clean-up day took place on Saturday, June 25th, at 9 a.m. Though we were a smaller group than last year, we were able to complete MOST of the 3+ miles for which we are responsible. We might have a repeat at the end of the summer. Stay tuned for an announcement.
* Some Lincoln Pond wine glasses, pub glasses, T-shirts, and bumper stickers will still be available this year. Contact Judy Schwarz at: (518) 942-7023
* If you haven't already sent in your annual membership dues ($15 per camp) please do so now. You can send the dues directly to our treasurer, Jeff Sienkiewicz at 18 Aspetuck Ridge Road, New Milford, CT 06776 or to Gerry Zahavi, 4172 Lincoln Pond Rd. Elizabethtown, NY 12932. Please make all checks payable to the "Lincoln Pond Association."
* UPDATES ON KINGDOM DAM RECONSTRUCTION: The reconstruction of Kingdom Dam is well under way and should be completed by October. We'll post more recent photos soon.
* BROADBAND INITIATIVE:
Our broadband initiative has slowed, unfortunately. We are still waiting for NYS to announce the partnership grants that are to be made available for broadband expansion into rural underserved areas. We'll let you know when we hear more.
* VERIZON FRANKENPINE CELL TOWER PROJECT: The Verizon Wireless towers are now in place and operating smoothly. Several camps are now receiving very strong signals (5 bars). ATT reception is acceptable on the east side of the Pond and strong up the hill along the upper part of Simonds Hill Road and also on the upper part of Lincoln Pond Road as you head toward Mineville (covered by the Belfry cell tower at the end of the Belfry trail).