Follow us on Twitter
NEW -- 2014 SCHEDULE ~ ANNOUNCEMENTS, MEETINGS, ACTIVITIES:
1) The 2014 ANNUAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING took place on Saturday, July 12th. We will have the minutes and recording of the meeting here soon. (For last year's meeting minutes go to the link to "minutes" at the bottom of the page).
2) Our road clean-up day took place July 20th this year. Here's a photo of SOME of those who participated (unfortunately, a few folks had already left when the photo was taken).
3) Lincoln Pond Association Picnic. More than 30 people showed up for our Aug. 16th picnic. Although the skies were overcast, the rain DID stay away. Hopefully we'll have better weather next year. Still, we had a wonderful time getting to know one another and meeting new members.
4) Lincoln Pond wine glasses, pub glasses, T-shirts, and bumper stickers are available. Lincoln Pond T-shirts and glasses will be available at 8 Francis Myers Drive (upper pond) the weekends of Sept 27th and Columbus Day weekend. Click here for more details on prices. All proceeds benefit the Association and its activities.
5) Radar speed sentry coming: Responding to members' requests, we approached E-Town Supervisor Noel Merrihew and the Town Board about the placement of a radar speed sentry on Lincoln Pond Road to help us keep traffic speeds down around the heavily occupied camps and the campground near the lake. We expressed concern about the speeding cars that come down the steep hill from Mineville/Witherbee and the vulnerability of the many young children who play or fish just off the road during the summer months. We recently received a note from Merrihew that the Sheriff agreed that such a device can indeed be placed along the road. We anticipate to have it in place for July and August. UPDATE: The speed sentry installation will be preceded by the Sheriff monitoring the Lincoln Pond area via hidden radar.
5) If you haven't already sent in your annual membership dues ($15 per camp) please do so now. You can send the dues directly to our treasurer, Jeff Sienkiewicz at 18 Aspetuck Ridge Road, New Milford, CT 06776 or to Gerry Zahavi, 4172 Lincoln Pond Rd. Elizabethtown, NY 12932. Please make all checks payable to the "Lincoln Pond Association."
UPDATE ON KINGDOM DAM RECONSTRUCTION (March 2014): The schedule for the reconstruction of Kingdom Dam has changed. For more details: CLICK HERE or ON THE PHOTO TO THE LEFT.
Our broadband initiative is moving forward rapidly and we hope to submit a grant soon to help subsidize the delivery of high speed Internet access to the Lincoln Pond area (as well as to houses along Lincoln Pond Road). We are currently soliciting letters of interest and also collecting survey data on potential participants. Won't you please take the time to fill out the following short survey? It will help us enornously in preparing the grant application: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/79YP6J5
PLANNED VERIZON FRANKENPINE CELL TOWER PROJECT (UPDATED 6-13-2014):
See below for more details on the original posting/proposal. On June 9, 2014, the APA conditonally approved the project and issued Permit 2013-238. The approval was for an "85 foot tall telecommunications simulated tree tower with associated antennas, an equipment shelter (11'7" X 30' 1"), and access road improvements."
Verizon Wireless has filed a proposal for the construction of a 90+' cellular tower just south of Lincoln Pond, along the Northway. The details are below. Click on the map to the left to see the approximate location of the proposed tower.
DETAILS (from the APA Web site):
Applicant: Verizon Wireless/Cellco Partnership - Tracy Road Cell Tower
Contact person for this project: Jared C. Lusk, Esq.
Nixon Peabody LLP
1300 Clinton Square,
Rochester, NY 14604
Office: Adirondack Park Agency (APA)
P.O. Box 99, Route 86
Ray Brook, NY 12977
Phone: (518) 891-4050, ext. 207
APA Contact: Tracy J. Darrah / APA Project Number: 2013-0238
Project Title: Verizon Wireless/Cellco Partnership - Tracy Road Cell Tower
Location: Tracy Road and Lincoln Pond Road in the Towns of Moriah and Elizabethtown, New York.
For Adirondack Park Agency: Comment Period Ends: May 8, 2014
Project Description: Construction and operation of a new 95 foot tall telecommunications tower with 4 foot lightning rod and associated antennas, an equipment shelter (11 feet 7 inches x 30 feet 1 inch) and access road improvements.