Follow us on Twitter
2015 SCHEDULE ~ ANNOUNCEMENTS, MEETINGS, ACTIVITIES:
1) The 2015 annual meeting is scheduled for July 11th at 10:00 a.m. at Camp 6, 39 Lower Pond Way (Sienkiewicz).
2) This summer's road clean-up day will take place on June 27 at 9 a.m. Meet at the entrance to Lower Pond Way. Here's a photo from last year's clean-up day.
3) We're scheduling another Lincoln Pond Association Picnic for Saturday, August 22. Watch for more details here!
4) Lincoln Pond wine glasses, pub glasses, T-shirts, and bumper stickers will again be available this year. Click here for more details on prices. All proceeds benefit the Association and its activities.
4) If you haven't already sent in your annual membership dues ($15 per camp) please do so now. You can send the dues directly to our treasurer, Jeff Sienkiewicz at 18 Aspetuck Ridge Road, New Milford, CT 06776 or to Gerry Zahavi, 4172 Lincoln Pond Rd. Elizabethtown, NY 12932. Please make all checks payable to the "Lincoln Pond Association."
UPDATE ON KINGDOM DAM RECONSTRUCTION (May 2015): The reconstruction of Kingdom Dam will be taking place this summer and early fall; it should be finished by October 31. We will post more details here soon.
Our broadband initiative is moving forward rapidly and we hope to submit a grant soon to help subsidize the delivery of high speed Internet access to the Lincoln Pond area (as well as to houses along Lincoln Pond Road). We are currently soliciting letters of interest and also collecting survey data on potential participants. Won't you please take the time to fill out the following short survey? It will help us enornously in preparing the grant application: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/79YP6J5
PLANNED VERIZON FRANKENPINE CELL TOWER PROJECT:
See below for more details on the original posting/proposal. On June 9, 2014, the APA conditonally approved the project and issued Permit 2013-238. The approval was for an "85 foot tall telecommunications simulated tree tower with associated antennas, an equipment shelter (11'7" X 30' 1"), and access road improvements." WE WILL BE POSTING UPDATES ON THIS PROJECT AS WE GET THEM.
Verizon Wireless has filed a proposal for the construction of a 90+' cellular tower just south of Lincoln Pond, along the Northway. The details are below. Click on the map to the left to see the approximate location of the proposed tower.
DETAILS (from the APA Web site):
Applicant: Verizon Wireless/Cellco Partnership - Tracy Road Cell Tower
Contact person for this project: Jared C. Lusk, Esq.
Nixon Peabody LLP
1300 Clinton Square,
Rochester, NY 14604
Office: Adirondack Park Agency (APA)
P.O. Box 99, Route 86
Ray Brook, NY 12977
Phone: (518) 891-4050, ext. 207
APA Contact: Tracy J. Darrah / APA Project Number: 2013-0238
Project Title: Verizon Wireless/Cellco Partnership - Tracy Road Cell Tower
Location: Tracy Road and Lincoln Pond Road in the Towns of Moriah and Elizabethtown, New York.
For Adirondack Park Agency: Comment Period Ends: May 8, 2014
Project Description: Construction and operation of a new 95 foot tall telecommunications tower with 4 foot lightning rod and associated antennas, an equipment shelter (11 feet 7 inches x 30 feet 1 inch) and access road improvements.